Your Hometown Recommendations

So amazing! Thanks for posting this. I’m sure everyone rallied around the team and the larger community after the tragedy in 2018.

1 Like

My hometown is Clearwater Beach Florida. Clearwater has amazing beaches. I grew up here and miss it! Every chance I get I go back. The beaches are great and food is amazing and I just love everything about it.

1 Like

I thought your hometown was Orlando, @kristen.compton! Toronto folks have a close relationship with Clearwater Beach, since the Blue Jays play their spring training games in Dunedin. I was supposed to visit the new ballpark there last month, but I cancelled my flights when the pandemic hit. :cry:

Orlando is just super close for sports or Tampa for baseball and football. I use to go watch the Bluejays spring training all the time! I went to Dunedin High School but pretty much no one has ever heard of that lol

1 Like

My home town is Geelong, Victoria Australia. We are approximately 100kms from Melbourne.
We have the most amazing surf beaches on our doorstep not to mention the world famous Great Ocean Road.
We are the 2nd largest city in the state of Victoria and home to the Geelong Cats Aussie rules football team. I’ve lived here all my life and love it.

I have been trying for over 10 years to convince my boss to send me to the Prophix conference but haven’t had any luck :grinning:
Geelong
Victoria
https://goo.gl/maps/hwxQfQRBDJqNJEpq7

1 Like

I’m reading a book about Australia right now, @delina.mitchell. I’m so jealous of your amazing weather and wildlife. Maybe not the giant insects, though!

Yes we are very lucky @mark.behar

1 Like

Simply miss going to my home town to see my family.

1 Like

I grew up in Chicago (near the upper left-hand corner of this photo)…so close to so many things to do! My favorite pasttime would have to be Wrigley Field and seeing those Cubs play baseball. Hopefully we’ll be able to do that again some day soon!

2 Likes

Oh. how I miss visiting the food carts! I live in the Portland area and the food cart culture is so much a part of the city - especially to try new cuisines and to check out different neighborhoods around the city.

1 Like

We miss going to restaurants, the library and just running random errands on the weekends. We are from St. Louis and our favorite restaurant is “The Country Club” in Town and Country. It is a small bar and grill with the best food, drinks and people!

Although I was born in China, I moved to Canada when I was 3 and lived in several cities in the GTA - which I consider to be more of my hometown. But to spice things up, I’ve decided to chat about Copenhagen, Denmark (even though I only got to spend a short period of time there before deciding to return home due to the pandemic).

København Zoo: Although it was rainy the day I went (shock), this was the nicest zoo I have ever been too! Not only is it a beautifully kept zoo, but there were also many cafes/shops/restaurants. I remember being blown away at how nicely finished the restaurants were… and learned many companies host conferences & events at the Zoo!

Meatpacking District: Awesome bars!

Tivoli: The world’s second oldest amusement park! Lots of seasonal exhibitions and even rock shows in the summer. Fun tip: the world’s oldest amusement park is also in Denmark.

Christianshavn: A unique, picturesque, hippie neighbourhood.

Indreby: In this neighbourhood is Strøget, a pedestrian, car-free shopping area. It’s one of the longest pedestrian shopping streets in Europe!

Norrebro: A super fun, lively, creative neighbourhood. Lots of cafes, shops and of course, more bars!

2 Likes

You had me at brisket pizza!!!

I hear Portland has a big food cart and cafe culture… I’ve never visited Portland but I’m sold on the idea.

Plymouth, Indiana is located about 30 miles south of South Bend, IN (home of Notre Dame) and is best known for the Blueberry Festival that takes place over labor day weekend. It is one of the biggest and most attended festivals in the state and is the place to go for fresh blueberry donuts and homemade blueberry ice cream. Additionally, the Sunday night fireworks show is spectacular! Monday morning features a hometown parade complete with a 5k or 15k road race. Unfortunately, the festival has been cancelled this year due to the pandemic so it will be missed by many.

1 Like

I’m sad to read that the blueberry festival has been cancelled, @denise.feece, although I’m sure that’s the safe and sensible thing to do. It sounds like wholesome Midwestern fun!

One of the more beautiful things you’ll ever see… our own Mt. Rainier…

1 Like

I really miss going out to restaurants with my boyfriend and our friends. I am particularly missing the various spots in downtown Pittsburgh including Sienna Mercado and Social House 7.

1 Like

I live in Memphis, Tennessee and here are some of my favorites…

Food - BBQ - My go to spot is the BBQ shop in midtown
Live music - Lafayette’s music room
Sweet summer dessert - Jerry’s snow cones
Unique to Memphis - Graceland and Sun Studios
Museum - Museum of Science and History - Pink Palace (Stop by and say Hi - I work there)

1 Like

I live in a town called Yukon, OK. They cancelled our yearly Czech fest this year. I am going to miss that since I am 1/8th Czechoslovakian.

Also, its not in Yukon, but I am going to miss going to the Oklahoma University football games in Norman and tailgating. :frowning: