August 2021 Product Adoption Tip: Creating Announcements in Dashboard

The first thing you see when opening Prophix is your Dashboard. Your Dashboard in Prophix is treated as your home page so you may find it useful to highlight announcements that may be relevant to your users.

Adding the Announcement Tile

For your user to be able to see the announcements you send them, you will first need to add an Announcement Tile to the Dashboard they are using.

Open your Dashboard in Design mode by right-clicking on the Dashboard file and opening it in Design Mode.

Once in Design Mode, you can navigate to add button on the bottom-right side of your screen.

Here, you can select Announcements, and add the Announcement tile anywhere on your Dashboard.

Creating an Announcement

Now that we have our Announcement tile on our Dashboard, we can ahead and create our announcement.

Navigate to Announcements Studio in the Menu. Once you are in Announcements Studio, you can add an announcement by clicking the add button

On the right-hand side of your screen, you will be able to edit the properties of your announcement.

You can select the Icon drop down to change the icon displayed beside your announcement (1). You also have the options to change the title (1) and add a body (2) to your announcement elaborating on any details that need to be mentioned as well as include any relevant attachments (4).

You can have announcements that are only available to certain users/groups (5). To edit the users/groups that this announcement will be displayed to, you can click the icon next to User/Group.

This will open a User Selector menu where you can specify users or groups.

You can also specify how long you want this announcement to be active for by clicking the calendar icon next to Start Date (6) and End Date (7)

Are you using Announcements to their full potential? Let us know!

I have not used this feature but willing to learn more about it

Not all users get into Prophix everyday. It would be useful to not only post the announcement on the Dashboard but also send an email to the users notifying them of the announcement. All user emails are stored in Prophix already, so why not use them. Otherwise a user may not even see the announcement.

1 Like

Great suggestion @michael.curley. Our Product Planning team collects and reviews feedback at feedback.prophix.com. Visit this site to provide them this useful insight and suggestion Other Prophix users will also be able to see your suggestion and vote. You can also vote on other ideas as well while you are there!

Adding an Announcements section to Dashboards was one of the very first things I did when we implemented Prophix. It helps notify budget owners when the month Prophix is set to is closed or not and if/when their reports are available. I’ve also done raffles using them!

2 Likes

We have used the Announcements a couple of times.

@jamie.laurinovics I still get those emails…it took me awhile to realize that’s where it was coming from :smile:

I have not used this feature before, but I am excited to try it out after reading this!

I’m a new administrator and look forward to using this feature.

This is great tips for announcement!

Raffles?! What a unique and creative use!:+1:

Great tip. look forward to using this feature.

Thanks for the ideas. I love the raffle idea one of the users suggested.

We love this feature!

We utilize this feature to greet the users when they enter Prophix and let them know of any changes.

Like the feature, just need to drive my users to open Prophix daily.

1 Like

We use announcement to remind users the times data is refreshed.

The other comments are great.

We have not used this feature yet as users are not in the system on the daily basis.

This is some interesting information, thank you!