Budget Issue with personnel related costs

I have set up my personnel planning cube and am assigning certain cost per person such as payroll processing fees to a certain account in the general ledger. My problem is that when these costs post from DPM, they wipe out any other costs that I would have entered into the same account in the finance cube. For example, if I code payroll processing costs paid to ADP to Contract Services, if I enter another vendor cost in the finance cube to the same account, those costs get wiped out. My solution was to create to sub accounts to roll up to the main account; one to be fed through the DPM and one that I could enter in costs on the Finance cube. However, now Prophix sees the main account as a non posting account and starts generating errors after import from our ERP system. Does anyone have an idea or workaround solution?

The rollup is not a data entry account, correct? When we create a rollup, we would use two GLs (in the instance above, we would have GL#12345 (GL upload) and GL#12345A (where you’d feed the DPM info to)) that feed to a rollup line item (and then the calculation definition for this line item would be the sum of the two GLs. Hope that helps…

1 Like

Agree with Josh you need a rollup and then report from the header for the group for instance:

1 Like

Hi Geoffrey,

I had similar issue, we have Employee benefits accounts as single account but DPM was configured produce details of Employee benefits.

I created Statistics/KPI accounts below my COA and used Account Dimension to add them all on a particular version, however if you wish to use same account for Data Entry as well as data from DPM, I suggest create a roll up account with multiple accounts under it, e.g.

Employee Benefits - As Total Account
Employee Benefits - Input [For Input Values]
Employee Benefits - DPM [Calculated from your DPM detail accounts]

In Account Dimension you may create Statistics Accounts
EB
EB01
EB02
EB03

for Employee benefits - DPM you can enter formula
[EB01] + [EB02] + [EB03]

This can be for a particular version e.g. Planning and other versions can still be Input if you want to enter values yourself.

I hope this is helpful.

2 Likes