Clearing locks process

Hello!

I have finally automated all of my budget processes that need to be run to produce net income during our budget season. I have these processes run every night on schedule. I’m looking for some assistance with workflow and system locks.

1. I created a workflow with the thought that I would schedule the first task to run and then when that one was done, the rest of the tasks would run in order. Unfortunately, that isn’t working. It seems like I still need to click on each task and complete it. What am I doing wrong? I’m the meantime, I just have each process scheduled to run one after another, but I would prefer to simplify it and schedule the run as I originally envisioned.

2. Does a process exist to clear all locks? Another issue that I have is if there are locks, my DPM processes and whatnot won’t run at night so instead of waking up to refreshed reports, nothing ends up updating correctly. Ideally, I would love to start a workflow like this off with a clear all locks process first so then everything will flow.

I would love to hear about your automation and workflow in this situation!

1 Like

Hi- I will need to see your process and workflow (screenshot will do) but here are some functionalities you can try.

1.You can try to stagger your tasks by having different due dates for each task and add ‘auto submit’ and ‘auto complete’ functionalities.
In your ‘Notification/Actions:’ section --> you have ‘Deadline’ option, where you can set ‘Auto submit’ and ‘Auto complete’ after certain days after the due date

So in your case you can have Task 1 due date as April 28th and Auto submit and Auto complete 3 days after that and for your next task you can have your due date as May 5th and Auto submit and Auto complete for 3 days.
Note: To activate this option you have to select ‘Custom’

In case, if you are the only user using the workflow i.e. you don’t have an owner, you can have–> Task Type set as ‘Approval only’ and Approver can edit set as Enabled. This will surpass the owner and directly come to you, you can make the edits and directly approve it.

Another option you can try is to have Staggering Activities and for each of following activity (following the main activity) you can have your start condition set as 'Contingent on the (previous) Activities ’

Note: One thing I am not sure is the start date and the due date of your current workflow. You mentioned that you have a process that runs every night so does that means you have a workflow that runs every night? But these functionalities can help you improve your automation.

1. No there is no process to clear your locks (you need to go to system hub) but if your entire process flow works fine then there is a remote possibility for your system to get lock.

We have to watch closely that we don’t exit out of the Prophix browser tabl withough saving the model and exit that first.