Column Headings in Reports

Hi All. I’m trying to format column headings in our budget reports so all of the column headings look consistent. In excel, you use alt+enter. Is there something similar in Prophix? TIA

In excel, alt/enter is for adding a carriage return.

In Prophix, you can’t do that for headers that are system generated. But I often need to change what the system generated headers look like or say anyway, especially if the data model works for one primary purpose but not all. In these cases, I add an extra row below the header, use formulas to create the headers I really want (often with combinations of IF and MID functions) and then hide the original header row.

Trap alert: be sure to insert the new row below the header or you might end up with the columns auto-expanding to include dynamic elements, but your header formulas won’t expand with them!

For the alt/enter scenario of creating a multi-line header, I’d probably add multiple rows and put the portion I want on each line, based on how long the header is. This can get complicated if you’re working with a dynamic report, but if you know your header names you can hard code them pretty easily.

1 Like