Dashboard Groups

Hello! I finally have the latest Prophix Update. I was super excited for this one because I knew that Dashboard Groups was going to come out.

But I’m wondering…am I missing something?

My dashboards always contain data from at least 3 cubes. These cubes have dimensions in common that I would want to group but they are not shared.

I was thinking that the dashboard Groups would filter like Page Hierarchy Groups in Template studio. But alas, it looks like I’m wrong?

It looks like I can only group by cube. AND it looks like I can only create one group per dashboard. Am I looking at this correctly?

I would need the grouping to mimic Page Hierarchy Groups like in Template studio for this to be useful for me.

Ideas?

Hi Emily,

We believe it should group data from one cube only but we will test out a scenario and confirm soon.

1 Like

Hi Emily, hi Manan,

for us it would be a huge step forward as well if dashboards would offer Page Hierarchy Group functionality similar to Template Studio.

In addition to Emiliy´s feedback, I think If you have e.g. Dimension Time as a column dimension in chart A and Dimension Time as a page dimension in chart B, then you can´t use Dimension Time as a filter in chart B only, when grouped to chart A, right?

In general this is a great dashboard improvement. If we could close the gap to template’s Page Hierarchy Group that would be fantastic. Or – I am just letting my thoughts run free – include dashboard functionality to template studio and let us combine the power of dashboards with the power of templates :blush:

4 Likes

Hi Emily,

We were able to test out the scenario you described, and you are looking at this correctly, as of now you can only group by cube and create only one group per dashboard.

1 Like

Okay. I’ll be putting something on the feedback forum. I really can’t use the feature as it’s currently designed.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this on the Feedback Forum, @emily.anauo. Sorry to see that Dashboard Groups hasn’t worked for you in the initial build. As always, we really appreciate your insights!

Hello! I just posted a feedback forum titled “dashboard grouping equivalent to page Hierarchy Groups.”

Please vote!

4 Likes

Thank you Emily and thanks for sharing!

1 Like