Detailed Planning (DPM) Data load per attribute

Hello everyone, I know that the data load for the DPM is via ID, but I would like to carry out a load based on the information of an attribute, so that all IDs that have the information adopt the value I want to raise. I know that, in calculation, we have the ‘Lookup’ type, but I would like the value to come by load, and not by launching this field. What could be done? NOTE: I have the information at the dimension aggregator level.

@gabriel I think you’ll want to perform that mapping in the SQL you’re loading from. We don’t have a way to load mapping tables or lookup calculation tables, unfortunately. So you need to make it part of your source data. For example, if field 1 is ‘x’ and field 2 is ‘y’ then load value 3 into the attribute.

To do this as part of a DPM load you must get beyond a mere file load and use SQL. But that should be doable, even if you are starting with an export from the DPM cube itself.

Post the DPM to update the cube dimension.
Export the cube dimension to a data connector.
Using DIS, create a SQL query that does the transforms/lookups/mapping you need into a new table.
Reimport the DPM objects from the resulting table.

3 Likes