Discover and Share Your Product Tips!

Do you have a fantastic trick for getting the most out of our products? Have you discovered a unique way to solve a common problem using our offerings? We want to hear from you! By sharing your tips, you can help fellow customers elevate their experience and achieve outstanding results.

Here are a few topics & examples to get you started:

• Tips / Advice for customers that are going through Implementation
  • How to roll-out Prophix out to end-users
  • The types of graphs/buttons you suggest using in dashboards to capture specific metrics
  • Process/Use-case Cheat Sheets
  • How to add/leverage named sets or unique combinations
  • Also check out our Product Snippets or PA Tip of the Month libraries for more ideas

Example 1:

Example 2:

Bob Smiley from Independent Consultant at USA Properties Fund, Inc.
Here’s the approach that I have finally adopted (Using Carry Forward From). It’s taken a while to decide this is the best approach, but now that I’ve got it in place, I’m using it voraciously.

1. For the working plan, I use the “carry forward from” option to show actuals for prior months and working plan for current and future months.
  2. I have an account in my tree with the sole purpose of giving me a flag for each period, letting me know whether it’s an ACTUAL or PLAN month. This is similar to what I was thinking in an earlier post, but I found a way to “set it and forget it” without any maintenance, by making it a calculated account.
  • Time conversion = use last value, including empty
  • Calculation varies by Rule Set
  • For ACTUAL, formula is 1
  • For PLAN, formula is 0
  1. In my templates with Time as Columns, I include this account as a specific member, usually hiding it, but using it as the basis of a formula function to put in a label of “Plan” or “Actual” in the header area.

This approach works well for those reforecast templates/reports that work best with inline representations of actuals replacing the plan. (For variance analysis reports, we display the plan and actuals side by side, so in this case I’m not using the WPLAN version but another PLAN version that has the historical plan values.)