Favourite Things

One of my favourite things about Prophix is, during the final stages of budget season, I can just keep a corporate income statement open, and every time I make a change, I can refresh it see instantly (well, within a few seconds) where we’re at now.

Thanks for posting this, @michael.senchuk. Just wait until all the American customers see how we spell “favourite” here in Canada. :laughing:

3 Likes

lol, i took particular delight in spelling that with the ‘u’ twice.

1 Like

I’ve been writing with American spelling here at Prophix for 9 and a half years!

1 Like

Thanks for starting this discussion, Michael.

Oh wow, there are so many. Where do i start:
Dashboard
Template Calculations
Ad hoc’s dynamicity and ease of analysis (slice and dice)
…to name a few

1 Like

I agree with you about the visibility during budget season and seeing basically live updates. I also like that I can add process schedules during our close for better visibility as well to see where everyone is in the close

We’ve talked about that too, I’ve heard a few companies use it for that. Though I’m not quite sure where to start with that.

Daily we have a midnight update then during close we automate 2 midday updates 1130 and 1630 that everyone is aware of but they usually ask for additional updates so I’ll run those on demand too. I had my IT team create a Prophix User email so I can blast everyone if I do an off scheduled update

2 Likes

My all time favorite thing about Prophix is the fact that I can get to a bottom line budget net income /loss in less than 3 hours when it used to take me 3 days or more with Excel.

5 Likes

My favorite thing about Prophix is how we can select the different dimensions and see the result of different combinations in an instant

1 Like

The near instant gratification to changes is definitely high on my list as well.

1 Like

My favorite thing is to push the “refresh all” in the monthly management report excel file and in a matter of minutes, to have about 20 queries populate most of the pages of the 30+ page report -with no top side adjustments necessary, no formatting necessary, and the balances and checks in the file show me that it’s all tied out. It’s a wonderful thing!

3 Likes

Versions. Versions for everything. Versions for everyone. Doing all the comparisons between actuals, budgets, forecasts, COVID forecasts, scenario planning, etc. So many versions!!

2 Likes

The recent updates to dashboards. I am excited to start creating some unique dashboards for end users that can be specific to a page member.

2 Likes

I also spell it “Favourite”!
I will probably put “workflows” on the list, and dashboard studio.

2 Likes

I love the drilldown feature, instead of running another report, the information I need is readily available!

3 Likes

The consolidation of multiple reports in real time and overnight running of all the processes that would take more time

2 Likes

OOOHHHH, good point, I forgot all about that. We have our entire GL porting over every night into a cube (and I can run it during the day manually when we need to at month-end), and it is the coolest thing. I come in in the morning, do a quick check to make sure it ran correctly, and then we’re all good.

I should really figure out how to do that for more of our data into other cubes.

2 Likes

Workflow is a powerful tool that can help to organize and engage with end users during a budget cycle, which helps keep the entire process moving forward.

1 Like

Definitely being able to just toggle off and on different dimension members and see the results instantly. I am also a big fan of the Workflows and the ability for them to represent an entire process including steps outside of the Prophix platform where appropriate.

2 Likes