šŸ™‹ Introduce Yourself for the Prophix Virtual Summit

Attendees at Prophix events who sometimes keep to themselves ā€“ well, they come out from their hiding spots and join the party! Thatā€™s because networking is one of the best parts of the Prophix Conference. So while we canā€™t network at a virtual conference as easily as we can in-person, we can certainly try!

If youā€™re set to attend the Prophix Virtual Summit, introduce yourself here.

1. Name, title, and company.
  2. Where are you joining us from? And tell us something cool about your hometown.
  3. What are you looking forward to most at the Prophix Virtual Summit?

Iā€™ll go first!

1. Lilian Qiu, Consultant, Prophix
  2. I live in Oakville, a suburban city just 30 minutes outside of downtown Toronto. Oakville has been named the best city to live in, in Canada!
  3. Iā€™m most looking forward to the INNOVATE topics. They are FinTech-driven, designed to encourage our customers to think beyond their day-to-day financial activities. For example, one of the sessions talks about ā€˜Leveraging Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics in your Forecasting Process.ā€™ Iā€™m interested in hearing our customersā€™ feedback on how these emerging technologies will inspire them to fundamentally change how they approach finance, with Prophix!

Also, @mark.behar asked me to mention your profile photo. If you donā€™t have one yet, please add a profile photo when you post here!!

1. Donna Ferrante, Sr Financial & Project Analyst, Gift of Hope Organ & Tissue Donor Network
  2. I live in Roselle, IL, about 30 minutes west of Oā€™Hare Airport in Chicago. After growing up in the city of Chicago not far from Wrigley Field, nothing cool to say about Roselle, but itā€™s a nice, quiet little village with lots of conveniences ā€œclose enough.ā€
  3. I am looking forward to hearing how Denise creates cube after cube after cube! Hoping it gets me inspired to give it a try!
5 Likes

Hi.
Iā€™m Paul Vickers, CFO of MaxSold - an online estate and downsizing auction company. (http://maxsold.com)

I live in Kingston, Ontario. Only a couple hour drive to visit my friends at Prophix HQ. Kingston is the home to the Tragically Hip.

Iā€™m looking forward to the session ā€œAdvanced Modeling to Better Manage Your Businessā€. I hear the presenters are fantastic and will be sharing great information to advance your use of Prophix.
Shameless plug.

Even as a long time Prophix user, I come away from Prophix conferences with a wealth of knowledge to take home (although this time, the trip home is going to be short). More ideas than time available.

7 Likes
  1. Albert Kurtz, Group Accountant, Church Communities

2. Iā€™m joining from Robertsbridge, United Kingdom. Fun fact for cricket fans out there: Robertsbridge (just down the street from us in fact) is the home of Gray-Nicholls, supplier of the cricket bats (and other equipment) used for most international and top national games.

3. Iā€™m looking forward to the Consolidation and Template studio sessions, the functions I use most and where I need to hone my skills the most.

See you there!

5 Likes
  1. My name is Emily Anauo from Barber National Institute. My title is FP&A Systems Development.
  2. Iā€™m joining you from Waconia MN. The rest of my team is in Erie Pennsylvania. My hometown is Warren Pennsylvania and a fun fact is that people start putting up chairs for the 4th of July parade a week in advance.
  3. I am looking forward to presenting on ā€˜Make Data Matterā€™! Also looking forward to my whole team being able to attend the summit for the first time!
5 Likes
  1. Rob Perry, Financial Systems Analyst, Premise Health
  2. I live in Brentwood, TN, a suburb of Nashville. This is Music City and the site of the 2019 Prophix Conference!
  3. Iā€™m looking forward to hearing about what is coming next for Prophix and seeing unique ways other customers are using it!
5 Likes

Donna, it sounds like youā€™re already inspired to try it! Me too. What I hope to gain along those lines is the ā€œwhyā€ behind so many, and ā€œhowā€ to keep them all in good shape.

2 Likes
  1. Shan Stephenson, Financial Analyst II, Stronghaven
  2. I will be joining the Summit form Atlanta,GA. ATLANTA IS THE NEXT HOLLYWOOD.
  3. I am looking forward to Beyond Financial Reports session. Learning how other customers are utilizing Prophix which would assist me in leveraging the power of Prophix for my company.
5 Likes
  1. Name: Bob Smiley, IT Strategy and Process Integration consultant; my client is USA Properties.

2. location: Roseville, CA (near Sacramento). Gateway to the sierras and the historic gold rush country.

3. What are you looking forward to most at the Prophix Virtual Summit?

Iā€™m so new to Prophix that Iā€™m still drinking it all in. Iā€™m really interested in hearing how others have developed their environments to be fully integrated multi use company wide reporting platforms in a manageable way with automation and verification.

Iā€™m also interested in data analysis beyond mere financials. Financials is a key part of business, but operations is where the rubber meets the road. How are people using Prophix to identify and implement process improvement changes?

4 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Kristen and I am a Financial Analyst in Virginia Beach. I look forward to more data views and any innovative uses of Prophix and any tips or tricks

3 Likes
  1. Jason Schoming, Finance Manager, UPMC Health Plan.
  2. PIttsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh has an amazing food and arts scene and is consistently rated as one of the most livable cities.
  3. Excited to hear Denise speak about her process. Weā€™re looking at building new revenue and expense cubes and Iā€™d love to get some ideas!
4 Likes
  1. Heather Hospodar Cooper, Finance Manager, Accessible Media Inc.
  2. I live in Pickering, a suburb city outside of Toronto. We are a short 25 minute Go-Train ride to Union Station. Pickering has the coolest pedestrian bridge that allows people to cross from one side of the 401 (Canadaā€™s busiest highway- 8 lanes at this location) to the other.
  3. I am always interested in learning about the newest innovations surrounding artificial intelligence and Financial systems. I will be presenting a session on cross company planning.
5 Likes
  1. Joe Scheidecker, Accounting Manager, Guardian Energy
  2. Hankinson, North Dakota, about an hour south of Fargo
  3. The sessions offered at previous Prophix conferences have been top notch and I always come away with new learnings and skills. Iā€™m looking forward to that again this year!
4 Likes
  1. Curt Kwak, Chief Information Officer, Proliance Surgeons
  2. Seattle, WA. Seattle promotes a very diverse and dynamic culture and is home to some large, popular companies like Starbucks, Microsoft, Amazon and Tableau!
  3. Maybe some cool & different ways to utilize Prophixā€¦ other business cases/stories
3 Likes

Iā€™ll be sure to check into that cross-company planning session!

2 Likes
  • Tim Ouimet - Sr BI Reporting Analyst @Startek Inc
  • Joining from Apple Hill, ON (Apple Hill was named in 1882 as it ā€œwas built through Sandy Kennedyā€™s apple orchard,ā€ (Dictionary of Canadian Place Names, Mainstreet Glengarry 2005))
  • Always looking forward to the new and great presentations, coming away from the Summit inspired to build a new cube or create a new dashboard or helpful template
3 Likes
  1. Crystal Higbee, GL Manager, Key Tronic Corporation
  2. My office is in Spokane, Washington but I live in Hayden, Idaho. My hometown grows huckleberries every summer!
  3. I am looking forward to the cross-company planning discussion.
5 Likes
  1. Della Giguere - Consultant here at Prophix!

2. Joining from our provinceā€™s lovely capital of Toronto, Ontario. A fun fact about Toronto is that actually a majority of our waterfront downtown was all fill, added in the 1950ā€™s to expand our land space in the city! Most of the land mass below Front st. was a result of fill being added and some of the buildings that used to be waterfront way back in the day, are now over half a kilometre from the water! Check it out.

3. Iā€™m looking forward to hear our Keynote speaker (Phil Le-Brun of AWS) share his thoughts about the opportunities that the partnership between Finance and Technology brings in a modern 21st century agile organisation! Also look our for me in the Visualizing Better with Dashboard segment where I discuss tips and tricks to better visualize your data using Dashboards in Prophix!

3 Likes

Michael Senchuk, Finance Manager, Westcan Bulk Transport.

Edmonton, Alberta. One of only two places NHL hockey is happening right now (yeh, okay, our home team is already out ā€” but my Blue Jackets are still in the hunt!).

I think Iā€™m most interested in how others take advantage of Prophix in their worlds, I always get great ideas that way. And also, how folks embed cash forecasting into their models, our org is all about cash forecasting these days.

5 Likes
  • Judy Correia - Director, Customer Success at Prophix!
  • Joining from Brampton, ON. Brampton became known as the Flower Town of Canada when Edward Dale grew his nursery to 140 greenhouses, producing 20 million blooms per year.
  • While virtual this year, Iā€™m still looking forward to ā€œseeingā€ customers and hearing about the ambitious plans they have for Prophix after learning about new uses from the sessions and their Prophix peers!
3 Likes