January 2022 Product Adoption Tip: Exporting Prophix Reports

Prophix is great for designing reports as well as doing data entry in those reports, but sometimes we want to be able to have an offline copy of the report or simply view our reports in a different application such as Excel. We will go over a couple of ways you can export your reports.

Downloading Through Template Studio

To download your report through Template Studio, we need to first make sure your report is open in either “Report Mode” or “Design Mode”

1. We can navigate to the “File” option in the menu bar at the top of the screen and select either “Excel” or “PDF” depending on what format you want to export your report to.

1. Once you select a file type to download to, you will see a pop-up option for you to select which page combinations you would like to export in your report.

1. On the left-hand side, you also have the options to download the current page only and to not include all pages with no data.

Keep in mind that this method to download reports is not recommended for a large number of pages.

Exporting Reports through Report Binder

Downloading a report though the download feature in Template Studio is great if you only want to download a small report or a few pages in a report for yourself, but what if you also want to send those reports out to your users? If this is something that you want to be able to do, you will need to use a Report Binder.

Creating a Report Binder

1. First, we will need to set up a Report Binder with the templates we want to distribute as well as the users we want to distribute those templates to. We can do this in the Report Binder Module.

2. In the “Content” tab, we can click the add button to add the reports we want to send out to our users.

1. You can now select one or more template you want to send out to your users.

2. We can now navigate to the “Distribution List” tab to the users we will be sending these reports to.

1. We can click the add button to the user we want to send these reports out to.

2. Once we have added our users, we will need to save the Report Binder.

Sending out Report Binders
To send our Report Binder out to our users, we will have to create a Report Binder process in Process Manager.

1. Navigate to the Process Manager module
  2. In the menu bar, navigate to Insert and select the Report Binder process

1. On the right-hand side, you can select the Report binder we created (1) as well as the file type you would like to download to.

1. Once you run this Report Binder process, your users will receive a link in their email to download this report. Note that they will still only be able to view the items in the reports based on their security access.

Let us know if you currently use Report Binders or the download option in Template Studio and if not, how do you see yourself using them now?

1 Like

We use both Report Binders and the download option in Template Studio! Both very helpful tools!

1 Like

It would be nice to have an area in Report Binder to select what pages to run. As an admin i have access to all properties. Sometimes I want to run the report binder for just one property. Our binder contains up to 20 reports so running each one by one is not very quick to do. Our current workaround is to create an account user and modify that account user’s access to the property we want to run. Report binder is then sent to that account user.

2 Likes

I use Report Binder for our monthly financial package and definitely downloading to Excel (although some of those features could be improved).

1 Like

Hi Ting,

Thank you so much for the feedback.
I’ve gone ahead and passed this on to our Product team.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your feedback.
Could you identify which specific features could be improved? I’d be happy to forward your thoughts over to our product team.

Hi Sydney,
The improvements are specific to the Line Item Details Report downloaded to excel which I have left feedback for and created service tickets for yet no improvements have happened yet.

1. The Sheets in multi-tab excel downloads are not, and cannot be, named
  2. The non-Table of Contents sheets should default to “View Headings” but they don’t
  3. The totals are provided by Account but there is no sum total for each month or the year
  4. There should be some border format or color coding in place for subtotals but only a bold font is used which makes larger reports harder to read
  5. Unexplained Balances should be color coded to stand out as there is no other way to identify where unexplained balances are
1 Like

Report Binders are such a time saver feature and we have been using it for some time now.

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for leaving those details.
I’ve forwarded his feedback to our Product team to review for future seasonal releases. I’ve also passed this on to your Customer Success Manage for review to see if there are any workarounds that we can use in the meantime.

I like the option to pick & choose what you want to export. We do have lots of cost center, and you can name your worksheet tab using key. It will compile to 1 excel with mulpile tabs.
Report can be automated sent to user using report binder from workflow and users only get/view on specific data based on ther security setup.

2 Likes

We currently use both functions for our reports and they are very helpful! Thank you for sharing as it will be a great benefit to people who don’t have this implemented.

1 Like