📚 Join the Prophix Book Club

I think book clubs are a great way to make reading a social activity. I already have too many books lined up to get through in my library so I don’t see myself participating, but I will throw out the same suggestion I always give to anyone asking for a good read- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari. It’s engaging, enlightening, and has the potential to change your perspective on life.

5 Likes

I’m a total bookworm so I look forward to checking out your current book.

3 Likes

The book sounds really interesting! Might not get round to reading it before 24th September but I will add it to my list to read!

3 Likes

I buy books for my kindle before vacation and I buy lots of hardback and paperback books but they are piling up for when I retire in the next few years … no way will I be bored!

3 Likes

Great initiative! Currently, I am enjoys more of audio books as the you can enjoy them running or driving as well!

3 Likes

I love reading, but tend to do more in the fall and winter when my gardens are finished for the season! I will definitely give this one a read. We have a very informal book club at work…I wouldn’t even call it a book club. Staff share what their current read is. And it seems to end there. Great that you could keep your going to this long!

3 Likes

I want to read more. I will give it a try. Great Idea!

1 Like

This is great! Thank you for all these resources

1 Like

Hi Phil:

I would love to join the book club. I just read this post so I won’t have time to read the book before the 24th but would still be interested in attending. My email is gina.stclair-phistry@hotmail.com.

Thanks

2 Likes

Fun! I started a book club with my friends, but it was so hard to keep people committed.

1 Like

Interesting way to share knowledge across different people across different organizations throughout the world

1 Like

This sounds fun - however, too late to join this month! How often do they happen?

1 Like

I am a sporadic reader but I am interested.

1 Like

Lately I’ve been on a Dave Ramsey, Chris Hogan kick. Look forward to broadening my reading horizons with suggestions from the book club.

2 Likes

This sounds interesting and fun.

1 Like

I have never heard of a company doing this and I love the idea!!

1 Like

I need to get back into reading and will have to check this book out.

I recommend Controller’s Code: The Secret Formula for a Successful Career in Finance by Michael Whitmire. It is very relatable to my job and possibly your job in finance too.

1 Like