đź“š Join the Prophix Book Club

Did you know that Prophix has a book club?

It’s true! I’m Phil, Prophix’s VP of Professional Services & Customer Success. I also help out with our official book club.

We started a book club at work so those who like to read can share that experience with colleagues and learn along the way. We’ve kept an open mind about the type of books we read, choosing from biography, non-fiction, self-help, and fiction. Book club members research the next book they’d like to read, and they come to the meetings ready to pitch their choice for the group. We then vote on our next selection, which we give everyone about two months to read. We review the books together during our meetings.

Our book club has been going for about two years and in that time frame, we’ve read nine books. We’ve decided to invite our customers to join us for the next book, The Nickel Boys by Pulitzer Prize-winning author Colson Whitehead. Please feel free to read the book and share your thoughts about the story on this discussion post. If you don’t have time to read this one, feel free to contribute to the discussion by offering your list of your favorite books - or the next one you’d like to read. It may spark some ideas for our next round of book pitches.

If anyone is interested in attending our live chat about the book, we’ll host a session on the evening of September 24th. Send me a message if you’d like to join us, by clicking on my profile photo.

Happy reading!

:+1:t4::nerd_face::open_book:

2 Likes

This is a great idea. We did the same thing in a previous job of mine. However, my previous job was with a Book Store retailer so I guess we kind of had to have a book club. Great job by the Prophix team. :smile:

4 Likes

We have a library at work that you can borrow books from and some are free to keep and they encourage you to donate books you don’t want anymore either. It’s nice since the selection is always changing

4 Likes

Tried a couple of book clubs in the past and I just can’t stick with it!

2 Likes

I started reading the book last night (yes, I’m old school and am readying the physical book). So far so good.

5 Likes

I like the initiative!

3 Likes

I love the idea but i’m a sporadic reader. I’ll read non stop for a couple months then nothing for the next couple.

2 Likes

Hi Mike, yes so many of us are like that which is kind of what led us to establishing the group. It sort of keeps you honest with your reading, something we all felt we wanted to do more of.

Cheers!
Phil

2 Likes

nice initiative, thanks for posting this here. A “sporadic reader” is a pretty fair description for me, too.

1 Like

I’m even worse. I saw a biography in Costco back in about 2007 and bought it. Finally in November of 2018 I decided to start reading it. It took me 10 months!

3 Likes

I’m signing up! Great initiative to promote community engagement!

4 Likes

I’ll see what I can do!

2 Likes

Great idea! I’ll see about this one but possibly the next one!?! I’m also in the sporadic reader group - reading season doesn’t begin until Summer is over;
which, sadly enough, is too soon for my liking!

3 Likes

Great idea! I needed a new book to read!

3 Likes

This is a great idea!

3 Likes

Awesome! Great idea!

3 Likes

I finished the book last week. Had to do a double take near the end…slight twist.

4 Likes

Thank you for the book suggestion, my wife and i both read it while I had it checked out. i wont be able to make the discussion, but look froward to the next one.

4 Likes

I like the idea. I’d like to be able to speed read so I can read lots.

2 Likes