March 2024 Production Adoption Tip: Reusing Existing Workflows

Do you have that one perfect Workflow that you wish to use every year? Did you know that you can reuse these! Be it yearly maintenance, budgeting cycle, or forecasting, you can roll forward any Workflow.

To accomplish this, you can follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open your workflow project in Workflow Manager.
  2. Click on the Workflow Project folder.
  3. Update the start date under Properties.
  4. You will now see a confirmation window. This will ask if you want to update all dates in the project as an offset between the old and new dates. You can click Yes if you want to update all of the dates in your Workflow Project.
  5. You will now need to restart your Workflow Project. You can learn how to do so here:
    :bulb: Restart Workflow Tasks
  6. Lastly, make sure your Workflow Status is set to Active.

Really useful information as always.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

Allowing the dates to automatically update makes it super easy to roll these workflows forward.

Useful information to use and implement :slight_smile:

This is very useful tip. thank you

I am currently doing this but users are seeing comments from previous uses of this workflow as well as the current when going through the approval process. Is there a way to remove the previous remarks?

I reuse my monthly workflows for forecasting; I’m very happy we can reuse them.

It’s a great time saver!

This was very useful information. Looking forward to reusing an existing workflow.

This is very helpful!

This saves so much time! I have even modified an existing workflow to include updated and/or additional templates.

Great information! I use this all the time. Someone asked how to remove previous remarks when reusing. Is there a way?

That’s what I use monthly !