May 2024 Production Adoption Tip: Displaying Member Properties in Reports

When creating a report in Template Studio, there may be some information you have set up in the form of Member Properties that you may want to display in your rows or columns of your report.

First, we will need to make a note of the Dimension that contains these Member Properties. We can do this by going to Model Manager, navigating to that Dimension, and clicking on one of the Leaf Members.
Here, we will be able to see the Dimension that contains these Member Properties (1) as well as the Member Property values (2).

From here, you can navigate to your report in Template Studio – Design Mode where we will be able to add a column for your Member Property.

To do this, we will need to create a copy of the row or column that contains your Dimension. Right-click on the row or column and select the “Clone” option. You can then place your clones row or column in your report.

You can now right-click on the Dimension you want to display Member Properties for and select “Properties”

Under the first drop down menu, select the Member Property that you want to display.

I used this a lot in our Prepaids/contract Cube so that I could show the Contract number and Project number that were all tied to the same Contract member.

2 Likes

We use member properties extensively as we have DPM with multiple attributes defined as member properties.

1 Like

Great tip. We will use this as we build a cube for prepaids, service agreements and other contracts.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

We use this feature quite often!!

1 Like

We use this in reports from our Establishment DPM to show details of salary, hours, departments etc. Really useful.

1 Like

I use this functionality already :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw a demo of this at the Prophix Conference, but I appreciate the reminder on Red Carpet!

2 Likes

This functionality helps with my reporting

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, this is useful info!

I use this a lot for vendors, accounts, departments and subsidiaries/business units

Same as above,used for vendors, subsidiaries and departments

Thank you this is an amazing tip