🙋‍♀️ Meet Your Peers in Red Carpet!

Many of you tell us that networking is one of your primary goals for joining Red Carpet and logging in regularly.

Brush up on your networking skills here, and take this opportunity to connect virtually with like-minded professionals. And, please, add your photo to your profile first if you haven’t already. We’re not supposed to talk to strangers!

A couple conversation starters to get you going:

• Introduce yourself! Tell us where you work.
  • Talk Prophix! How long have you used the software and what are some of your innovative uses?
  • Add some fun facts about yourself!

Be sure to check back on this thread to chat virtually with your peers! Happy networking. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello everyone! I’m Brittany Hess, Senior Financial Analyst at Superior Construction. I am the implementer and primary administrator for our Prophix environment. We went live on cloud in March of 2019. We currently use Prophix to produce our income statement, balance sheet and budget vs actual report. We budgeted overhead last year using Prophix as well. I’ve spent most of this past year learning SQL and modifying what we need in Prophix. I feel like I know the Process Manager piece of Prophix better than anything else at this point.

I’m hoping to get much more out of Prophix in 2020. I would love to hear more about how others use Prophix for:

• forecasting financials and at the account level for the balance of the year
  • budgeting for overhead and financial statements
  • building a cash flow statement
  • building a cash forecast
  • building a rolling 13 week forecast for a construction company
  • using Prophix for job costs (construction)
  • building an editable WIP (Vista/construction)
  • building useful dashboards (construction)
  • forecasting and reporting on utilization for equipment (Vista/construction)
  • raise & bonus approval process in DPM to go along with the budgeting process

As for some “fun” things about me - I’m very passionate about constantly learning. I’m constantly refreshing my memory with Prophix Academy and LinkedIn Learning (as well as learning new information!). I’m studying to take my CCIFP and hope to have that accreditation by the end of 2020. I started a new hobby - reading and am on track to meet my goal of 10 books by the end of the year. I recently joined Orange Theory Fitness and am practically addicted! I stay pretty busy, but my favorite thing of all time to do is to watch silly “reality” tv shows on the couch with my pug :slight_smile:

I’d love to connect and talk about how you’re using Prophix! Connect with me here or I will also be at the conference in May.

5 Likes

My Name is Cody Williams. Work at Milos Tea Corp.
Have used prophix for 2 months now. Love it
Served in US Military and love golf, hunting and fishing.

3 Likes

Hi folks
I was introduced here not too long ago, but I’m working at Church Communities UK and Community Products (UK) Limited. We’re using Prophix for monthly internal reporting, Capex and project tracking, and external reporting here in the EU. There are many Prophix features I hope to get my head around more in the coming year, and to connect with more Prophix users here in the UK.

3 Likes

HI Brittany
Well done on learning SQL this year. That is something I need to learn too as I think it will help immensely with getting to learn some of the other aspects of getting our data into Prophix from many different systems we have.
We use Prophix for all of our month P&L’s, forecasting and we are currently working on next year’s budget.
I too want to get our Balance sheet accounts into Prophix and will be spending time building this for next financial year.

I live in Australia. I love travelling, keeping fit and photography. My bucket list item is to get to either Prophix HQ in Toronto or to a conference in the US.

4 Likes

Hello fellow Prophix users :slight_smile: ,

My name is Lilian and I am a Consultant here at Prophix! I joined the company almost 3 years ago after university and I LOVE my job! From getting to implement projects and work with many of you in various industries, to presenting at last year’s Prophix Conference, to facilitating sales demos, to working and collaborating with my other Prophix peers (we love drinks after work!), it is definitely never a dull moment.

In January of 2020, I moved from our Canada office to join our team in Copenhagen. And I have been having a “hygge” time :slight_smile:

Please drop a comment and say hello!

6 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m Kristen Compton and I am the Financial Analyst at Westminster Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. We are located right on the Atlantic. We use Prophix for all of our reporting and budgets. This is my first company I have used Prophix with and love it

2 Likes

Hi - I’m Rob Perry! I am a financial systems analyst at Premise Health and one of our main Prophix administrators! I am excited to introduce myself here and hopefully meet a lot of people in Miami!!

2 Likes

Howdy! I’m Kenneth and I work for the US’s largest provider of digital government services, sites, and secure payment processing.

I’ve been using Prophix for 9 years. I started with Prophx Enterprise and have gotten to watch Prophix evolve to where it is now. We currently use Prophix for CapEx, Personnel and Expense budgeting. I’m working on getting a revenue cube setup for next year’s budget.

A fun fact about myself is I enjoy playing designer board games. I highly recommend Concordia and/or Keyflower, if anyone is ever interested in getting into the hobby.

4 Likes

My name is Emily Anauo and I work for Barber National Institute. We are a non profit agency offering services for individuals with intellectual disabilities.

We implemented Prophix in November 2015. My job has evolved since then. I now work part time and am my organizations only remote worker. My job is solely Prophix, Project Management, and process improvement.

2 Likes

Hey! Love all the great notes everyone!
I’m from Cornwall, ON Canada. I’ve been the Prophix Administrator at my company since 2013.

I’m a Senior Reporting Analyst & Systems admin for a couple of our reporting systems at StarTek. We’re using the tool to create income statement, balance sheet & trial balance tie-outs.

2020 will find us merging two financial source systems into one, with a seamless Income statement transition.

3 Likes

My name is Mike Stokes and I work for Presbyterian SeniorCare. We are a large senior living network on the western side of Pennsylvania. I coordinate our consolidated budget process and help with financial and regulatory reporting. We currently use prophix for budgeting and all of our financials (Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Covenant reports.), and we are looking to expand our use with more statistical data in 2020.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

My name is Rebecca Broaddus and I am the FP&A manager at Viamedia. We implemented Prophix about a year ago and I could not be happier with the product and people! Prophix has been a lifesaver for me, especially during our last budget season - all the time savings allowed me to see daylight when I left work!

2 Likes

My name is Tom Samuelson and I am a Financial Analyst at Milo’s Tea Company.

We have had Prophix for about a year and a half and I have been with Milo’s for about 2 years. My position was actually created to help implement and roll out Prophix to our Management team. I have two other people with me that make up the “Prophix team”.

It has been a great experience at Milo’s and with Prophix. Prophix has really helped out consolidate our reporting, planning, and forecasting into one source of truth. It has also allowed us to pull information together quickly that would have previously taken us days to pull together. The Prophix CSP team is super helpful when we run into a problem we cannot figure out.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I’m a financial analyst at Rain For Rent. Our FP&A Manager and I are the primary administrators for Prophix. We do all of our budgeting in Prophix and maintain a variety of reports for our branch managers and executives. I’ve been working with Prophix at RFR for 8 months now and really enjoy using Prophix. I hope to really expand my expertise in Prophix in the coming years.

1 Like

Huh, we’re not far behind you, we went live in July '19 focusing on budget first, but early this year we switched to doing all our month-end reports out of Prophix as well. Want to switch to a rolling forecast in Q2, but also just yesterday the idea came up to replace our weekly cash flow with something out of Prophix, so my mind’s been racing with ideas on that since. We’ve also got a fairly robust dashboard running as well.

Hey Tom !!! Hope things are going well !!!

Yes, everything is fine here. Household is staying well and we are all working from home. They have made school all on-line for the remainder of the year so no going to school each morning. Which is a little odd.

What about you guys?

Hi, I work with Stronghaven. We manufacture custom corrugated boxes and displays. This is the first company that has exposed me to Prophix. I enjoy the software and their staff. I’ve been using the software for about 3 years now.

My hobbies include: traveling to Caribbean Islands and bathing in the sun on their gorgeous beaches, art & crafts - create scented candles or any diy projects, & spending time with family.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Heather. I work for Protean Electric in Farnham, UK

Some of you may have read the profile on me, so might have a bit of an idea where I work and what I do but I work for a company developing in wheel electric motors that are trying to come up innovative solutions for a more environmentally friendly solution to vehicle travel.

We are still working on developing the initial set up of Prophix but am looking forward to getting it working fully for us. I am spending some of the time I have WFH reading up and learning about MDX to use with the set up as well.

Nice to meet you all!

3 Likes