Named Set Tracking?

As far as I am aware, there’s no way to track where all of your named sets are being used unless you go and look into the build of each report, right? Makes it difficult when looking to redesign the way named sets are set up or determine which we no longer need when cleaning up the cube. This would be an awesome feature in the future! I would love to be able to more easily see where named sets are currently being used.

Thanks for the feedback Jaimie!
I’ve passed this on to our product team :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@jaimie.mcgrath, I find this frustrating, too. We’ve actually gone as far as to create a spreadsheet where we track which named sets are used in which templates, so we can have a record. It’s not perfect, because it requires us to keep this “index” up to date every time we

• create a new named set
  • create a new template
  • update the dataview in a template
  • update member selections in a process (infoflex, import, export, etc.)

Given the manual nature of keeping this up to date, omissions happen all the time. Now that we have it in place, I have to actively police it to make sure we keep it up to date. But it really helps me understand whether I can remove a named set or if I can change the members of a named set without detrimental side effects on other reports or processes.

2 Likes