Nightly Processes Failing

Ever since the November 19 Update our nightly processes fail. We can not get accurate data in Prophix from the source system for over a month.
Is anyone else having this issue?

Prophix support does not know how to fix it.

Hi Michael,

I am sorry you have been having that issue for so long! This seems to happen to us at least once a month. We do use Prophix in the cloud, and utilize Single Sign On (SSO). When this happens, our Technology Division has to restart the server that it runs through. Fortunately, after this happened several days in a row they now monitor the server daily to make sure service has not been interrupted. Not sure if this helps, but I hope so. Good luck.

Hi @michael.curley - I see there has been some recent activity in a support ticket between you and Victor. I see your CSM Chris has also been keeping up to speed. I am CC’d and will continue to monitor.

Happy New Year!

Thanks. We have a temporary “patch” in place that works, but is by no means efficient or the final fix. Victor and his team continue to work on it. Hopefully a resolution will come soon.

We’ve been on - premise since 2019 and are about to go cloud and ran into this a number of times where our nightly processes just would not run (eliminating zeros, ect.) or Template Studio jobs would not process in an efficient timeframe. It seemed that when regular updates were applied to the server where Prophix resides that all of the Prophix services were not restarting as needed. One of our sever technicians would have to manually restart Prophix and ensure that everything “starts up” as necessary after the fact. This has been automated now from our server side but hopefully won’t resurface when we go cloud.

1 Like

Hey Jerry - we have restarted all services and tried everything we can think of. Prophix can not figure this out. It started when they updated DIS in late November, but are not able to fix the issue. Extremely frustrating and wasting a lot of my time reviewing processes that should be running smoothly.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for providing those details.
We will certainly pass all of this on to our Cloud team to ensure that there are improvements within your Cloud environment when you migrate over.

@michael.curley
We have a similar issue we are in the midst of trying to solve with Prophix cloud team.
What was the eventual outcome of this for you?

We have had this issue was well. One of the improvement suggested was to add a native SQL process in your Import Schedule that does nothing but wait between processes so that the process run without error. Check with the Prophix team if this solution might work for you.

If you have failing nightly processes your first step should always be to check the Task Log in Process Manager to review the specific error message. It’s hard to offer any advice or help without that specific information.

I can say that in my experience with Prophix cloud our nightly processes will most commonly fail either because the Prophix server is undergoing maintenance (over the weekend) or our own local servers are undergoing maintenance.

If the Problem is Prophix maintenance the process will either be skipped with no message or will have an error message in the Task Log similar to the following:
“Process execution was aborted. The service may have been stopped.”
To stay abreast of Prophix cloud maintenance you can visit this page and click the “Subscribe to Updates” button at the top.

If the problem is that your local server is having trouble connecting you should see an error message in the Task Log similar to the following:
“[Error: Timedout]: The job timed out.
Process waited 3 Minute(s) for the Agent to respond.
Make sure that the Agent is configured properly in DIS.”
For this error you’d need to contact your own internal IT team to check the connection.

If you have multiple long-running nightly processes that can conflict with each other it also may be worth putting all of them into a single Process in Prophix to ensure they do not overlap.

1 Like

I was not given an answer as to what the fix was, but we do not have this issue anymore. Unsure what Prophix did on their end to eliminate the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion. We no longer have the issue with the process. Unclear what Prophix did to fix it, but it does work as planned now. Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks for the reply Cory. Prophix staff spent considerable amount of time digging through my error logs and all the process logs. As far as I know, they were not able to determine the problem. Then one day, it was fixed and I do not know what was done to fix it.