October 2023 Product Adoption Tip: How to Use Advisor

Advisor is a feature available in Financial Planning & Analysis that analyzes your environment to identify recommendations for improvements. It examines your existing models based on a set of rules developed by Prophix. These rules were developed based on best practices over the years by our own in-house experts. Additionally, Advisor rules and recommendations are continually updated to ensure that they reflect the most up-to-date best practices.

To take advantage of the new functionality, please follow the instructions below.

1. Open Advisor by clicking on the Main menu to see a green hexagon icon with a capital A on your left side.

2. Advisor will open in a new tab within the same browser.

3. You can generate an optimization check report by clicking the blue Start button.

4. Analyze the report summary and action the recommendations.

Notes:

This is very useful, thank you.

1 Like

I ran advisor and was surprised by my results. I was expecting flags related to one of my dimensions that has a lot of members because Prophix has told me my slowness was most likely due to this. However, this was not flagged by advisor.

2 Likes

I would surely have liked such option in on-premise.

Hi Marissa,
Thanks for your feedback. I’ve passed this on to your CSM to look into your system slowness.

This was a good tool to have to make sure we’re running at optimal levels.

1 Like

I will be trying this very soon. Looks like it will be a helpful tool.

Thanks for taking the time to share this

Very useful and welcomed addition.

Good info to know! We implemented a few items right away, a few others we’ll look at later.

Looks very helpful. Thank you for the info.

Very helpful information, thank you.

Looking forward to trying this. Interested in the results.

This would be helpful.

We ran the advisor in our environment and based on the suggestion, we started cleaning and fixing our cube wherever possible. This is very much helpful…

going to give this a try

This is very useful, Thank you!

I used it to help Data cleanup and health of my Model! Helpful

I definitely plan to use this.

Great tool I didn’t know existed!