Red Carpet Ask Me Anything: Paeton from PracticeLink

practicelink-425x215%20(003)
Hi, fellow Prophix customers! I’m Paeton, Staff Accountant at PracticeLink, and this is my Prophix Red Carpet Ask Me Anything!

First, a bit about me. I spend a lot of time with my family and friends, and my pup, Winston. If I am not with them, I’m at my happy place – the gym.

My favorite thing about living in Altoona, Pennsylvania, is our local Minor League Baseball team, the Altoona Curve. I spend many summer nights with my family and friends at the Curve’s stadium. Pittsburgh is a two-hour drive from Altoona, so I visit there for sporting events throughout the year. The city views at night are breathtaking.

Here’s a photo of me and my family at the Curve game. I’m the second one from the left.

PracticeLink was created in 1994 as a job board for physicians. Over the past 25 years, we’ve evolved into a much more thorough career resource for medical professionals. We provide these services for free to the physicians, as we contract with hospitals, private practices, health systems, and medical management groups, using software and other tools to help recruiters manage their recruitment processes.

PracticeLink’s positive work culture is one of the main reasons why I wanted to continue working for the company, when I decided to move back home to Pennsylvania from West Virginia. I look forward to going to work every day!

We’re still in the initial stages of utilizing Prophix throughout our company. We have onboarded two employees from outside of the Finance Department. Employing the system throughout PracticeLink is our main goal. We want Prophix to be a hub for all things finance-related in the company. It will be a great feeling when we get to that point.

I’d like for users to be able to drill-across into transactional detail of the GL lines that they manage in QuickBooks. I spend a lot of time prepping data for imports and then validating the data after the import processes are completed. This may have more to do with the limitations of QuickBooks than it does with Prophix, but a more streamlined process would be helpful!

The opportunity to create advanced dashboarding (and always being on the most current version of the product) was a major reason we migrated to the cloud with Prophix. Switching to the cloud has been a positive experience for us overall. Our dashboards give us quick views of the company’s performance at the ‘touch of a button.’ I really like that users can drill down into the data behind the dashboards as well.

With that in mind, I have a poll question for you!

Do you use dashboards in Prophix?

• Yes

• No

0 voters

What is the biggest benefit of using dashboards in the Finance Department?

• Ease of use / quick visuals at an instant

• Ability to focus on KPIs

• Visualize and analyze data in one location

• Enhanced collaboration and communication throughout multiple departments

0 voters

Now it’s your turn. Ask me anything! About Prophix, migrating to the cloud, my dog, minor league baseball, or life in Pennsylvania. Let’s talk!

2 Likes

What type of dog do you have?

2 Likes

Hi Kyle! I have a four year old chocolate lab

1 Like

How has it been using prophix on the cloud

1 Like

Hi Rob! The cloud has been great! We had an easy transition and it’s easy to use. I especially enjoy Dashboard Studio. It’s really allowed us to take our reporting to the next level.

How do you utilize dashboard to make it meaningful to the end user? What sort of KPIs do you use? We are struggling to make the tool useful as the initial landing page.

1 Like

How long have you been using Prophix?

1 Like

Hi Kyle! So far we’ve only implemented two end users outside of our finance department but here are some of the KPIs that we’ve used: Operating Margins, Growth in Revenue, Net Profit Margin, Budget Variance. Gaining insight from end users as to what they look at on a regular basis as well as what would help them could be beneficial! Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi Denise, I’ve been using Prophix for a few years now…How about you?

Hi Paeton, I’m interested in your transition from on-premises to cloud. What would you say has been the biggest difference, if any?

2 Likes

Hi Murray! A few things come to mind…first, the cloud is more easily accessible than on-prem. Second, while using on-prem, our focus was more on reporting which was fine at the time but we wanted to take it to the next level. Now, after transitioning, we’ve been able to on board two end users and create a dashboard with visuals for each. We look to continue on boarding end users across our organization. Are you thinking of transitioning to the cloud?

1 Like

Hi Paeton! What are you go to items on your dashboard? Are they Finance measures like Margin %, revenue trends - or are they other key performance indicators that can influence revenue & margin?

1 Like

Were you guys originally On Premise and switched to the Cloud? And if so, how difficult was the migration?

1 Like

Hi Tim! Some of the KPIs that we’ve used for end users include Operating Margins, Growth in Revenue, Net Profit Margin, Budget Variance…I create visuals with the data that is specific/helpful to the end user

Hi Tom! We were originally on prem before switching to the cloud. Our migration was pretty seamless and straight forward. Are you thinking of making the transition?

Paeton, just chiming in here to say that Denise is incredible with the software - likely the most advanced customer we’ve ever had. And no, she didn’t pay me to type this. Denise has implemented Prophix at three separate companies. At her first of those three, she built 22 cubes, which is currently tied for the Prophix record. :slight_smile:

1 Like

22 cubes!..that’s incredible! I would love to get some pointers…:nerd_face:

3 Likes

We are trying to get our IT team on board with moving to the cloud. Any tips on that subject?

1 Like

Have you used the AI functionality available to Cloud users? If so, do you find it useful?

1 Like

Hi Paeton! My dog’s name is Winston too! We have been with Prophix for two years and we are still learning. How are you liking the product so far and what are your goals over the next year?

1 Like