Revamped Prophix Help Center Knowledge Base

Your Prophix Support Teams (Technical Support and Product Adoption) have been working diligently over the last several months to provide you with solutions to common inquiries by improving the Prophix Help Center Knowledge Base. Our goal has been to provide faster resolutions and learning opportunities. For common inquiries that we know the solutions to, why should anyone need to wait for one of our agents to be available for a call? Don’t get me wrong, we do enjoy connecting with our customers, and knowing that your and your team’s time is valuable, we want to ensure we can help save you as much time as possible by enabling you and helping to avoid waiting on support agent availability for something that could potentially be resolved in just a few minutes!

If you’ve visited us at the Prophix Help Center in the last 9 months or so you (hopefully!) would have noticed a few new icons in the knowledge base articles (KBs) that are suggested when you search the site, or that are sent to you via a ticket. You can identify the inquiry or resolution type based on the icon in the article title. Here is a quick legend for reference:

• A lightbulb icon :bulb: indicates the KB is a product how-to type of article
  • A red X icon :x: indicates the KB describes how to resolve an error message
  • A caution icon :warning: indicates the KB describes how to resolve a warning message

Content that does not contain these icons are either older KBs that we haven’t had a chance to update yet or are general articles not specific to any of our products. For example, most articles in the Getting Started section are informational articles related to the Help Center (e.g. Navigating the Help Center or Detail Required When Submitting a Ticket) or policies.

KBs with the same icon are structured the exact same way:

• :bulb: How-to KBs contain two sections:
    • Question: What you are asking/want to know. Different users may ask the same question in different ways so you may see the same question listed multiple times in a slightly different way.
    • Answer: Step-by-step solution to your inquiry
  • :x: Error resolution and :warning: warning resolution KBs* contain three sections:
    • Problem: Describes the error or warning you are seeing in the product, along with a print screen of the error or warning
    • Cause: Explains why the error or warning occurs
    • Solution: Step-by-step resolution guide

In addition to KB updates, we have recently enabled Live Chat. That’s right, chat live with our agents via the help widget found at the bottom right of the browser window from any Help Center page.

For more information on chat, see this article on the Prophix Help Center – Live Chat Is Here.

Please let us know below what you think about these new changes to the Prophix Help Center.

For more on KBs and general Prophix Help Center navigation watch this video!

*We have differentiated between errors and warnings to differentiate items that prevent a user from using a specific capability (an error, for example, an import is producing an error and no data is importing) versus an item that is functioning and the system is still usable (a warning, for example, an import ran but is producing a ‘rejected records’ warning, some data did import and some did not).

Love the idea of helping ourselves when possible! And live chat to push us in the right direction quickly is an awesome improvement! Thanks, Phixers!

5 Likes

Love this idea! This is helpful.

1 Like

Thank you for this video. This is really helpful. I love finding our information ourselves when possible to get answers as quick as possible.

1 Like

I use it very often. Good data resources

I use all of the help and support that you provide, finding answers for myself is really useful.

Thanks for the reminder!

Thank you for making this video.

Thank you - always helpful to be able to help ourselves!

Thank you for the update!

Very helpful and insightful. Thanks!

This is helpful. thanks for the update.

Thank you for the helpful reminder.

This is great! I’ve noticed the new icons, but hadn’t noticed the LiveChat option.

1 Like

Thanks. As a novice Prophix user, this has been helpful.

1 Like

Still newish to Prophix. I didn’t realize there was a LiveChat option. I will definitely use this in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for the useful information.

1 Like