See How Premise Health Uses Prophix With Salesforce

Premise Health contracts with companies to provide direct primary care for their employees and their dependents. Premise delivers care at an employer’s campus, virtually, and/or in a “nearsite” setting (meaning they set up a stand-alone clinic in the community).

@rob.perry is the Prophix admin for Premise and he’s very active on this hub. When he indicated on Red Carpet that Premise uses Prophix and Salesforce together, we reached out to learn more. Here is our conversation with Rob about that!

What business goals were you trying to address by connecting Salesforce with Prophix?

We were trying to get a long-term look at revenue and gross profit growth across a 3-5 year timeframe. Previously, we had used Excel to track our expected growth in revenue and gross profit from new sales.

Our sales reps track revenue and gross profit in Salesforce for the opportunities in the pipeline and assign a probability weighting to each opportunity. Using our Long Term Planning Cube / Detailed Planning Manager (DPM) in Prophix we took the probability weightings and calculated expected revenue/gross profit for each opportunity. We were also able to assign site types and discount the revenue/GP based on the uncertainty created by the time to sale close/implementation.

In theory, this would allow us (and our investors) to accurately predict our organic growth in that 3-5 year window.

Did you require a lot of preparation to get the systems working together properly? Which roles were involved in that – or did you mostly do that yourself?

We needed help making sense out of everything coming out of Salesforce, getting it to the point where we could easily import it into Prophix. As we were new to the DPM world, we needed help setting up the calculations, which we got from Jerin, our Prophix Consultant.

Since go-live, have you had to do any additional work to maintain the Salesforce integration?

Our first attempt at this didn’t actually take, so we have since stopped running the process to update DPM. We are currently going through a reimplementation of Salesforce, however, and once that is complete we will look to fully integrate Salesforce with Prophix in order to accomplish our long-term planning goals.

Can you tell us about some of the feedback you have received (internal at Premise Health or external) for seeing this project through?

We have received tremendous feedback on the idea. Firm leadership is excited to have accurate and traceable long-term planning up and running so they can make better decisions for the 5-year horizon.

That’s very intriguing. We will definitely keep in touch with you to monitor the progress of this project. Thanks for taking the time to speak with us, Rob!

If you have thoughts on Premise’s use of Salesforce and Prophix together, let us know here. Perhaps you have an interesting integration of your own.

Hey this is me! Ask me anything!

8 Likes

I found this very interesting. I enjoy how other businesses use Prophix along with other systems!

2 Likes

@rob.perry, the concept seems quite intuitive, so I’m interested in what went wrong. I’d expect, based on your description of the data stored in salesforce, that you have a funnel concept where different opportunities are classified into different stages of progression, with each stage giving a relative likeliness to close. Couple that with the salespersons own estimate of sales value and probability of closure, data abounds.

How did the DPM fit into this? Perhaps the expected decision date? I’m interested to hear more about your design approach—especially since you found it didn’t work as expected.

1 Like

I am interested to know the diverse uses different companies have of the Prophix platforms and this information was a step in the same direction.

1 Like

This is very intriguing. I always enjoy hearing the different uses of Prophix and what programs it is associated with

How long did it take to transition fully away from Saleforce and start relying fully on DPM?

Great job Rob!! I can’t wait to use the final product

1 Like

This is very interesting. Would love to hear post-reimplementation of Sales Force on how the integration and use of Px is helping the org plan future goals.

1 Like

At Prophix we integrate with Salesforce to bring in customer data to Prophix and run various renewal calculations and customer KPI dashboards. Workflows give us the ability to update this info on a regular cadence.

Love hearing how others use Prophix! Although we don’t use SalesForce, it helps spur ideas on other uses! Good luck with next steps!

When transferring data from Salesforce to Prophix, were you exporting salesforce data to an excel file, then importing to DPM? Or is there a direct connection between these two systems? We have had a similar idea for a Revenue Forecasting cube that feeds off of our organization’s Salesforce data.

4 Likes

We were exporting to an excel file and then importing to the DPM - The goal is to have a direct connection between the two.

3 Likes

We actually won’t be fully moving away from Salesforce - we are just using the data from Salesforce to inform our projections and forecasts in the medium-term horizon (3-5 years)

1 Like

You’re pretty right on - the biggest issue was actually that we found we were not getting reliable forecasts. This mostly fell on the salespeople not putting real numbers into Salesforce and not updating them as things changed during negotiations.

This is actually the big reason we are re-implementing Salesforce as an organization.

The DPM does all of our calculations for probability of sales and discount rate for future sales

2 Likes

Maybe there is a potential for us as well to integrate other systems into Prophix

It’s always great to hear how Prophix is helping businesses!

Great work! Good luck with the reimplementation of Salesforce and eventual integration into Prophix.

This is very interesting!! It’s always helpful to learn about different uses of Prophix and what programs can be integrated with.

2 Likes

Very interesting, we’ve just developed a KPI cube and are looking into integrating our Salesforce instance with it.

1 Like