Share an Interesting Article

I’ll start things off with three articles:

Personality Can Be Changed at Work: Why and How?
I was also of the belief that one’s personality is fairly stable and fixed. However, this article was insightful and got me thinking. The Psychology Today website publishes a lot of articles on various topics. It is a website I enjoy perusing from time to time.

Paint by Numbers – A Hot New Hobby These Days

Only 20% of CFO’s Can Forecast Revenue Beyond a Year
Bonus: This article features our CEO, Alok Ajmera :smiley:

Drum Roll: Now, on to you…

Since May is Mental Health Awareness month and the topic of self care seems to be a hot one lately, I found this article interesting.

Your own individual self care might look completely different from everyone else’s. That does not mean that you are doing it wrong! Listen to yourself and your body and do what is best for you. It takes some trial and error but is so worth it!

3 Likes

That’s very interesting .Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks for sharing, Emily.

Interesting article on how companies nowadays promote their products in Movies.

@emily.anauo Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

@imtiaz.qureshi Wow!

"The Fast & Furious franchise, for instance wrecked a total of 1,487 cars over its first 7 movies. Even at a modest estimate of $20k/car, that amounts to $30m in prop costs.
Thanks for sharing, Imtiaz

1 Like

Suspected car prowler shot; car owner arrested in Tacoma (msn.com)

This topic has been such a controversial topic for such a long time, and I myself never knew much about it but a friend of mine shared this article with me, and thought it was pretty interesting!

2 Likes

“If a major point of yoga is quieting the ego and reducing focus on self, why are there so many yoga pose pictures on Instagram?”

The world has been in such chaos that when the government finally acknowledges the existence of U.F.O.s, nobody really cares.

I saw a new article today and would like to share it. The name of the article is
The wrong way to email someone for career advice — and the right way to do it

https://ideas.ted.com/right-way-wrong-way-to-email-for-career-advice/

Read this this morning - McMaster does some pretty neat stuff in the science world!

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/28/realestate/my-neighbors-door-camera-faces-my-apartment-is-that-legal.html

I thought this was interesting because many people use video doorbells and I have always wondered if apartment owners could use the product. Through reading this article I learned that it is up to the land lord and if they allow it or do not have a preference than the apartment owner can leave the doorbell up. I also learned through this article that the view from the entry door into your apartment isn’t legally considered a private view.

This is a super interesting article!

Many people have a to-do list so long that it’s not clear that there’s an end to it, and when important tasks linger unfinished, it’s easy to start feeling guilty or ashamed about what you have not yet completed. But are those useful emotions? The answer is: it depends. Shame is almost never a useful emotion. In fact, it likely hurts your productivity. Guilt, on the other hand, can motivate you to get something done, but only if you’re in a position to take action. You’re probably better off avoiding these emotions altogether, especially when you’re away from the office. How? Exercise self-compassion. Focus on what you have been able to achieve. And practice acceptance. Failing to get some work completed does not make you a bad person. It just makes you a person.

1 Like

https://stockcharts.com/articles/mindfulinvestor/2021/11/five-stocks-im-watching-next-w-621.html

Ways to be investing your funds and using prophix as a way to track your investment portfolio

10 questions to be asking hybrid employees to keep them engaged.

Interesting article on work wear:

Thanks for sharing - very interesting!

1 Like