Show Month/Qtr Totals by Choosing Page Year drop-down value

Our CFO is wanting a new P&L report showing the monthly totals along with the Quarter totals. He also wants to be able to pick which year he is looking at in the Page section. This report has 10 data views, so manually changing the dates is cumbersome.

I have been able to accomplish the second part by using an alternate hierarchy for Page Time dimension of Time.Years. However, I am unable to show both months and quarter totals since I can only add a single Time dimensions (either Time.Months or Time.Quarters) to the column.

I created named sets to show values by the current year only by month/qtr/year (This is the report he wants to be able to change just the year on the Page):

In another template, I have Time.Years as a page member, and Time,Months as a column member:

I can’t wait to see how other users respond to your questions!!

Hi @christine.petchnick, I hope you had a great weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

Because this is a specific case, I have passed this information over to your CSM for next steps. You can expect an email from her by EOD. It is likely that one of our Product Adoption consultants will be able to work with you one-on-one on this.

Thanks!

Hi Christine. Were you able to get this working? I’m thinking custom (MDX) time perspectives should be able to give you the columns as desired.

I created versions which were actuals, prior year actuals, 2 years ago actuals, this may help you. So if your named set for “current month” is January 2022", prior year actuals would pull in 2021. (You’d have to create some hidden formulas to update the time as it still says 2022, but it could be done.)

This is my MDX for “same but 1 year earlier”: (ParallelPeriod([DS Time].Default.[Year], 1, [DS Time].Default.Currentmember), [DS Version].Default.&[ACT])

2 Likes

I’ll give that a try.

1 Like