System Hub Audit

Hey, I just wanted to say that I love love love the new Audit feature in the System Hub. I’m using it on a daily basis to see who’s active in which parts of the system, so I can tell whether it’s safe to publish a certain cube.

But yesterday I found a feature I didn’t realize it tracked: it tells me when someone updates a template in design mode! This has helped me know whether someone else is modifying the same template I want to modify. We have a few templates that, as a team, we are working on, and sometimes we can step on each other if we are both modifying the same template by mistake. Sometimes we aren’t able to reply to messages right away, so in the past we’ve avoided making changes if we can’t know for sure that there isn’t someone else updating it. But now we’ve adopted a protocol that allows us to use the Audit feature: if I don’t see anyone changing that template, I can open it, and the first thing I do is “save” it. That makes an entry in the audit log, telling others I have it.

On top of that…we are now in our budget cycle, and although I’ve assigned workflow tasks to everyone, I can’t really tell whether they’re working on it. Until now! Each DPM row update is logged in the audit. Every template being opened for edit mode is logged in audit. So i can tell that people are working, even if they aren’t yet ready to complete their tasks!

Big brother tools like this make for a much easier life as an administrator!

Thanks so much for the feedback @bob.smiley! Happy to hear that you’re getting vale out of the new feature :smiley: