Using a DPM scenario as a data format tool

I created a DPM model that does a lot of great calculations to file that is exported from our Salesforce platform. We use it as part of our forecasting process and that has been a great addition. One extended use of this DPM is formatting that same Salesforce data for one of our dashboards. My question is this: is there a reliable way to use a scenario in DPM to upload the data via an import process, and get the formatted data exported out via a schedule? I want it such that the old records from previous uploads are not being saved with each incremental upload.

Any clarity or thoughts would be appreciated!

We don’t have anything similar to relate.

We don’t have any that is similar to that.

We don’t have any that is similar to that.

We do not use the DPM tool.

I use DPM to personalize the report

DPM would have two kind of Imports

1. Data
  2. Calculation

You can create a scenario based on Month to incremental data but you would need to create separate Import process for each scenario.

Each Schedule will be based on Scenario as well(Separate for each scenario).

If you can explain your requirement more in details, me or someone from Prophix support can help you in this regard.

Regards,

Ali Arsalan

3 Likes

We don’t have anything similar but it’s interesting to see other people’s comment on this!

We do not have anything similar, but we are ramping up our use of DPM.

We do not use anything similar at the moment, but as said before it is interesting to see if other people have nice solutions for this challenge.

@kyle.leonard, I’m not exactly clear on what you’re asking for, but I have done many things using different DPM Scenarios in conjunction with export and imports, such as exporting attributes and calculation results and re-importing them as different attributes. I’ve also used DPM to manage hierarchies of other cubes so that end users can have flexibility within hierarchies. There’s probably a way to do what you’re looking for, with some fancy footwork between Process Manager and DIS and perhaps some SQL.

While you can’t delete a DPM value, you can disable it as part of the import. This will then exclude it from your publish. One of my tricks when updating a DPM model from Smartsheet is to export all items, re-import them with the “inactive” flag to disable them, and the import the new stuff on top. If a Smartsheet task was removed, it will be disabled in my model. If it’s still there, the second import will change the flag back to active.

Direct-Message me if you’d like to schedule a conversation. Stuff like this is often easier to address in real time with Q&A and show and tell than mere messaging.

4 Likes

This was exactly the idea I thought of, inactivate everything, and the load goes up by changing it to active. What became inactive is because it was deleted.

We do not have something similar, sorry.

Sorry, I am not of any help with this topic.

I can’t help on this one, sorry

We do not have something similar, but I believe if you are moving the clean data to a cube. The info can be view in that cube and also migrated to a different scenario cube.

Currently we are not utilizing this tool but it’s interesting to see other people’s comment on this!

We use DPM for our workforce budgeting and for forecasting and have used it extensively for planning and updating information from HR.
We have a number of scenario’s that we use to enable us to budget and forecast in great detail, downloading the scenario’s using a schedule, amending and then importing into a new scenario as necessary.
When you post date any updates in the DPM will overwrite the data in the hierarchy that you are posting to and any reports or schedules that you have created will include the updated information.