WIP Forecasting and Scenario Planning in Detailed Planning Manager

Hello All!

I am reviewing different intiatives I’d like to incorporate in 2022 and would like to know if there are other indiduals who utilize Detailed planning manager for forecasting and scenario planning for the WIP.

Thanks in advance
Jessie

Would love to see what other clients do in this instance. Traditionally this is done using a generic cube. Scenarios can be done by using versions too in a generic cube. But I can see the benefit in using DPM too. It all comes down to what level is used to plan.

1 Like

I have not used that for our planning yet

1 Like

I do not, but will check back to see others input to determine if it would be useful for us

1 Like

Looking forward to reading how others use DPM for WIP.

DPM being used for WIP sounds very efficient.

We built a planning cube with custom formulas in it using Template Studio for the input.

1 Like

We currently only use DPM for personnel planning by employee name and fixed asset planning by fixed asset. We have way too much inventory for DPM. I would use caution if you have a lot of data as that might not perform very well in DPM. We currently have to re-use the DPM scenarios for personnel planning as we have about 3,000 employees worldwide that we budget for by name. Good luck with your project!

1 Like

Following to see how this would work

All -

From the looks of things the idea of WIP planning in DPM seems a bit new. Would anyone be willing to schedule a call to see if we could create something of value?

Thanks,

Rolling out WIP forecasting with the DPM in 2022. Would be great to see what other people solutions are.

I’d like to learn from others. The topic is interesting.

We have not used that in our organization yet

@ben.swinney Is that a DPM Cube or just a conventional Cube dedicated to the process?

Hi Gabrielle,

It is a conventional cube dedicated to the process, not a DPM Cube. I’m intrigued by DPM Cubes but haven’t used one yet. Our Prophix Implementation helped us set up this cube.

Interesting to know that DPM is being used for WIP…The topic is interesting.

I used DPM for capital projects. Each project # is the DPO in the cube. This is to aid us in determining what projects are completed and borrowing status. I do scenario planning in the financial cube with a DPM loans and interest cube is mapped to financial cube accounts.

Wow, I don’t think I ever would have thought to use DPM for WIP planning, but that’s a great idea depending on use case! We currently use DPM for Personnel Planning and CAPEX only. It’s certainly very powerful though, and after reading this topic I can certainly see where it could be utilized for WIP too!

1 Like

Have only used DPM for compensation planning

We have not used this as of yet but would love to incorporate this into our planning for 2023.