Workflow Time Delay?

I’m starting to set up my workflows for the upcoming 2023 budget season and use an initial “ice-breaker” for users to read through before gaining access to their schedules. The schedules are set to be contingent on the user confirming they have read this initial notification. It gives simple boilerplate comments that I want to confirm they are aware of.

Once they click on that confirmation, Prophix may take up to 5 minutes to make their following contingent schedules available to them and sometimes requires them to refresh their task pane to see that they’re now available. I encountered this in on-prem and thought it may be the performance of my local network, but have noticed that same “lag” in the cloud environment.

Can ANYONE tell me exactly why this takes 3-5 minutes to make the new schedules available to the users after the contingent activity is completed and how the timeframe can be shortened?

Thanks,

Jerry Thomas

@jerry.thomas, I’ve seen the same thing and it’s frustrating, especially in this day and age of more instantaneous response. I’ve been told that the issue is related to the time-based trigger; there’s a job that runs in each environment at a certain frequency, about 5 minutes, to evaluate whether any dependencies have been met for the jobs waiting to get started. Rather than making it trigger based (where the job completed kicks off the dependent job), it’s been designed as a “poll” where every 5 minutes (or so) the system checks to see if they can move tasks forward.

This isn’t a setting that’s available to us customers. I wish it were.

2 Likes