Budget LID drill through

Does anyone know if there is any way to drill through budget LID from an income statement, similar to how we can drill through the actuals? This is one of my biggest pain points and frustrations with the system. Since our users can’t easily figure out what they budgeted for, we have to provide a separate excel LID file so they can filter and see what they planned for in order to perform proper variance analysis and explanations. There is a lot that I like about Prophix, but the inability to easily get back to LID without an excel file or having to look at budget input templates kills me!

Hello Alex,

Could you provide me with some examples of what you need?
I’m not entirely sure I understand what you mean by “drill through”; I have an idea, but I’m not certain.
By the way, have you tried using “Drill Across” or a Linked Template to create reports that meet your needs?

I am unsure of how to do what you are asking, but will be following for future use.

I am not sure how to do that.

I’m not sure how to do this.

I am unaware of how to do that.

I am unaware of the drill through feature here.

I am not sure how to drill down

Drill down is the useful feature that allow me to see GL detail for our income statement.

I am unsure on how to use the drilldown in this particular instance

Entendendo que você está falando do item detalhado da linha, realmente o único export é via excel. O Understanding that you are talking about the detailed line item, really the only export is via Excel. It’s something that doesn’t really have integration, and could have an export, but if something needs to be controlled in detail through quantity, value, I recommend using it as dimension items in the generic cube.

I don’t think this is possible at this time, but I like this idea

This can be done providing you have the reports set at the lowest level of dependants - which is where you would have added the LID’s in the first place when setting your budgets. If you (like us) import your budget from a working budget to the actual budget then you need to import your LID’s too and then providing you have set your reports at the lowest level you will see the markers on the report to be able to right click and drill into the LID’s for each GL. If your report is set at a summary level this is not possible.

2 Likes

I didn’t understand the expression “drill through.” Here, I know it as “drill across,” where we can analyze our actuals/budget

I am not sure how to do that.

I would love to see if this is possible as well. We have several of our cost center owners requesting to be reminded of what they budgeted for the year but without being able to drill across the budget - we have to send them Excels or PDFs.

Not familiar enough with LID

I don’t use line item detail schedules in my budgets but instead have a DPM setup for expenses and a DPM setup for personnel. You can “Drill to Detail Planning” and see the details behind the budgeted amount, but you have to be at the budgeted level to see the details - i.e. - in my case, the specific entity and department. Here is an example of what i’d see if I “Drill to Detail Planning” for our On-Line Subscriptions account for one of our entities.

1 Like