๐Ÿ“Š Step-by-Step Guide + Video to Automate Your Report Distribution

โ€œGive me six hours to chop down a tree and Iโ€™ll spend the first four hours sharpening the axe.โ€
โ€“ Abraham Lincoln

Whether you want to impress your boss or you are the boss, everyone loves automated report distribution. With the following video and graphical toolkit, you can save time and produce the best reporting possible!

Watch this short video to learn more.

Or, download this step-by-step guide to automate your report distribution!
Prophix - Report Binder Step-by-Step.pdf (482.5 KB)

Using this simple guide that shows screen captures from Prophix, youโ€™ll be able toโ€ฆ

1. Create a Report Binder consisting of templates that draw on data from multiple financial models in Prophix.
  2. Convert that Report Binder into a single PDF that presents a comprehensive picture of corporate performance.
  3. Automate the process, and have the PDF generate / send to selected users on a scheduled timeline that works for you!

Let us know here if the instructions work for you. And tell us about other topics that youโ€™d like us to profile similarly.

:boxing_glove: punch month-end in the face, George!

If ever youโ€™ve wanted to see if you can save hours at month-end by putting in 30-minute at the front-end, then this is the video and PDF for you.

2 Likes

I love report binders! They have saved me so much time!

2 Likes

Great to hear Emily! Do you mind elaborating on your specific use case? Cheers!

1 Like

Excellent work, George! Love the introductory quote from Lincoln. Preparation is definitely the key to success.

We use automated report distribution each month but my co-worker set them up and I was not involved in it so this video was outstanding to be able to see how it was done and keep the PDF of the steps for future reference.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This is great video, George. Thanks for making it. Another great way to achieve value and create huge time savings.

Great video, report binders are a great way to save time

1 Like

I love report binders and how easy it really is to distribute month end reports!

Our CFO used to receive dashboard reports from 3 different people. Those 3 people didnโ€™t know what reports everyone else sent. When one of those 3 people was out of the office, nobody else knew what to send the CFO for them. Now, we are all trained to make sure that the correct reports are added to the report binder and sent to the CFO on time!

We also have some program managers who want to see their Income Stmt outside of Prophix. We have several report binders set up to send them their reports.

Currently, we are working on an analytical cube for our Behavioral Health team. They currently track weekly productivity by staff. Their managers each spend roughly 1-2 hours per week gathering that data. Once we have the cube finished, our input process finished, and a report binder created โ€ฆwe will save everyone time AND they will get to see pretty charts with their data!

3 Likes

Thanks George. The report binder is a great thing for sure and so easy to set up. I have two questions regarding the report binder. Maybe someone has an easy solution.

1. According to my security settings, I get all page members exported in one report binder. But is there a way to get that same report binder for a single page member only, even though I have access to all of them?

2. The report binder creates an order that gives the page members (eg Entity) template by template, page for page: Template 1 Entity A to Z, Template 2 Entity A to Z, โ€ฆ
    Is there a way to sort by page member first:
    Entity A Template 1 โ€“ 10, Entity B Template 1 โ€“ 10, โ€ฆ?

Thanks for sharing your ideas.

1 Like

Interesting. Presently we do not distribute reports through Prophix but this might come in very handy when we do.

With my trial and error, here are the answers that Iโ€™ve come up with.

1. You would have to make separate reports (I think) with just the members that you want in the report binder and then attach those reports. I would love to be proven wrong on this one!

2. I think that you would have to set up separate report binders. And also set up separate reports like I suggested in option 1.

Again โ€ฆIโ€™m really hoping to be proven wrong OR have those particular features added to the report binder feature!

2 Likes

Thanks Emily, I guess thatยดs the only workaround currently. Unfortunately, there are a lot of page members in our case. I hope, that those two features/options will be added to the report binder in future. The report binder is really cool and time saving function. But what I have experienced so far, with those two missing features added, report binder would get a 10 out of 10! :blush:

Letโ€™s get that added to the feedback forum and ask people to VOTE!!!

2 Likes

This is a really nice video, George !! This process is surely going to save a lot of time.

This was great! Thanks for sharing with us!

2 Likes

This was very helpful! Thanks for the video!

1 Like

Thatโ€™s right. User security doesnโ€™t work for report binder.

1 Like

Great video George! It was very helpful. We are just getting started and this helps us better understand how to automate Report Binder distribution.