What's on your Product Feature Wishlist? Give us your Feedback!

giphy%20(5)

What additions or changes would you make to Prophix to create the perfect solution?
Let us know down below:
(pssst - no idea is too big or too small :grinning:)

Easier cash flow statement

3 Likes

Workflow multi-level approval

Keyboard shortcuts

Ability to include data views in the email body of a report binder

4 Likes

Easier date selection - possibly type-to-find selection

5 Likes

I’d love the ability to add alternate hierarchies in a parent/child structure instead of just the leveled structure currently available. That way I could add alternates that have the same structure as the current default.

I’d also love a way to send Report Binders to email addresses that aren’t attached to a Prophix user. Or, if that’s not an option, a cost-effective license that can only receive Report Binders. We have a lot of people that really don’t need Prophix access at all, they just need to receive generated reports.

10 Likes

Improved automation features, especially related to Named Sets, but also in Process Manager and workflow manager. Specifically:

1. Letting named set contents be assigned from a process or workflow, using calculated values
  2. Allow a process to invoke/call another process
  3. Introduce the concept of “process variables” which would allow me to set values at a folder level within a process that are inherited by tasks within that folder
  1. toggle between design mode and view mode in template studio
  2. easier way to cross reference between cells in reports in a report binder
6 Likes

…and date formatting in the templates!

6 Likes

In templates, we need more advanced formatting capabilities related to rows/columns between data view members. For example, if I have multiple dimensions in my rows, I can’t insert a space in between them; only at the bottom. It would require a bit more complexity, but I would find it useful to be able to specify whether an inserted template row should be inserted after a particular dimension.

Also, tagging columns/rows in some way in the template so that we can tell whether it’s a leaf-node, parent, root level, etc. Such an attribute/tag would be useful in formatting, calculations, etc. It would really improve the feasibility of using dynamic dataviews in formatted templates.

This is a good answer. I second this

1 Like

Quicker way to update named sets

6 Likes

Cash flow statement with flexibility to breakdown details to conform with the Company’s transactions in certain periods. We had 1 before but won’t reconcile 1 time as there were transactions not being captured. Probably a flexibility for manual input could have made it work.

1 Like

Reports that show the set-up in the cubes - i.e. - for our Project Dimension, it would be great to have a downloadable report that lists the whole default hierarchy, and in Process Manager, a report defining all the steps of each process set-up would be awesome.

Search feature in Model Manager, similar to that in the DPM Objects.

Workflow multi-level approval

User access to the DPM report for their own budgets after a workflow is completed.

Unique combinations for pages. That has been very useful in the columns/rows, but more often than not it is in the pages that it would be really helpful to minimize the number of combinations for report binders and exports.

4 Likes

+1 for this suggestion!

Unique combinations for pages - can’t second this one enough. We have six thousand combinations between our three dimensions that make up our account & project but really only about 126 valid combinations. Because the export view is limited to the first XXXX of combinations, this makes it to where we have to maintain multiple copies of the same report so we can have different selections available.

The Setup reports Linda-Sue mentioned for model manager would also be incredibly helpful. As well as a query or report that would allow us to see where a dimension member or named set is used.

It would also be good to have formatting allowed on line item schedule exports and to be able to save them as reports that could be included in binders. Right now, I have to export the line item schedule to Excel, update the view to be able to see the row/column headers, insert blank spaces at the top of the sheets, go to the table of contents to grab the header info (report run time, members) and paste it into the header of each individual sheet, and then format the header & total columns. It is a lot of work that has to be completed each time I export. So much work could be saved if there was a line item report designer that worked more like the regular report designer. Also, I have to insert new total columns if I am exporting two years worth of data (a two year total doesn’t make much sense for how we budget/project).

5 Likes

More options in Line Item Detail Report to make the download to Excel better.

4 Likes

In DPM the calculation type “lookup” formats for percentages are limited to 2 decimals 0.00%. We use a lookup for our state SUI rates based on work state. Some of our state SUI tax rates are out to three decimals. This one isn’t a huge deal, but would be nice to track the true rate.

The ability to filter by person, in favorites manager.

4 Likes

How about a searchable database whereby we can plug in Prophix error messages and get better descriptions of items to troubleshoot, i.e. causes of the errors… or is this already a thing and I just don’t know about it?

6 Likes

Hello! Very minor request but this trips me up all the time. Can the + sign work the same as = when starting a formula in template studio? That would be great!

1 Like