Work In Progress Report

Is anybody else currently producing their WIP Report out of Prophix? I’m interested to see how you have the data view set up.

Hi Brittany - I have various reports with different ways to view the WIP data, but I believe in most all of them the “columns” are similar. I have my accounts and time perspective dimensions in the columns with the “unique combinations” option selected. That allows me to have job to date, year to date, and month to date information all next to each other. (You might also need your “version” dimension in the columns as well…in my model I am using “actual” for almost all accounts…so it isn’t necessary for me).

Then, the pages and rows can be swapped in and out depending on how you want to see the data.

Feel free to reach out and I can show you in more detail if needed.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this comment, Austin. Did you and Brittany connect on this?

You’re welcome. No, I have not heard from her.

We have built a WIP Report which we can view in different formats. Currently we are similar to Austin’s format with job to date and year to date information in columns, and the rows currently are in a project order. We have mocked up versions of this by customer, region state, type of work, but haven’t really put these to use yet.

2 Likes

To add to Tyler’s comment we have also created a WIP report that incorporates our weekly cube to show week to date information.

2 Likes

I appreciate the comments! We unfortunately are going to have to start completely fresh. When we implemented, Overhead and direct jobs were put into the same cube. We had been utilizing alternate hierarchies but you cannot do data entry into alternate hierarchies. So, we are splitting the one cube into two, Overhead and WIP. Until that process is complete, we are still having to use spreadsheets for our WIP report :frowning:

1 Like

Hey Brittany we have Overhead and direct jobs in the same cube and the work around we use for our WIP reports is we manage a name set for all of our current year jobs that excludes the overhead jobs. Although we are having to update the name set daily it seems to be a decent work around.

3 Likes

My Job dimension also has overhead and operations job numbers (really, all jobs). Then, we have a separate dimension that distinguishes operations from overhead. All my WIP operations report then show only the operations jobs.

5 Likes

Sounds like a great case for Prophix’s Product Adoption Team to assist.

Can you tell me a little bit about your weekly cube? Our time dimension has months as the leaf level and I’m interested in how you achieved having a weekly option.

1 Like

Linh,

In regards to your weekly cube inqury, We are a Utility construction company. Our Labor and Equipment is posted to our system weekly, and we saw benefits of looking at a information on a weekly basis. So we have a weekly cube with data by week ending date that falls within 12 periods per year.

1 Like

We don’t do WIP reports in Prophix, but the idea is interesting.

We do not but this question and comments is very useful! Hope to add this reporting in the future!

2 Likes

I don’t think we use any WIP reports currently, but interested in learning how we can star to incorporate them!

We don’t use any WIP reports either. I’ll keep it in mind if we need new options in the future.

We currently don’t use WIP reports, but it’s always interesting to see what other customers are doing with Prophix.

We do not currently do WIP reports in Prophix.

How many production job orders are reflected in the dimension for jobs? I’m afraid that including information at the job level would add many hundreds of thousands of job records and then the data would become unusable in an efficient manner. Has anyone run into this issue?

1 Like

We don’t use WIP reports, but I find it interesting to see what other customers are doing with Prophix, and understand whether I can incorporate